Sushi Express

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sick man on a foreign shore

It had to happen one day. This fragile body of mine, always succumbing to the slightest flu, will eventually fall prey to this harsh unforgiving winter weather. What happened was that I went for my routine night run, partly to stay fit, partly to explore new surroundings. There were no distance marks for me to gauge how much had I ran, not like the one at Clementi where I always used to run. The freezing cold and dry air didn't help matters - after running I always had ice forming on my forehead and a very 'runny' nose (forgive the pun). Think i over-ran last night, and when I finally reached home, I was feeling giddy, sweaty and all. Think the body is not meant to take in cold air while it generates heat from all that running. Later that night, the after effects began to kick in - feverish, burping over 100 times, lethargic and headache.

The worse thing about falling sick is having no phone, and not having a family to care about me. No phone because I can't call my boss to tell him I can't go work, and having that niggy anxious feeling. Missing my mom's constant nagging already. And her lotus root soup. It's reunion dinner today... What a new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home