Sushi Express

Friday, December 09, 2005

Farewell sniff sob

This post is a tribute to something very important, something that was integral to my well-being for the past months. Today was the day i bid farewell to it, although it had served me well up to this very last day. Without it i would had fallen victim to the harsh reality of the outside world.

The object in question is the piece of skin just at the corner of my nose.

I had lost it. Lost it thanks to the folly on my part. Still drowsy after the 6-hour concussion the night before, I went to wash up. Eyes barely opened, with my vision unaided by the lenses, i did the most dangerous thing a man could ever do in the wee hours of the morning - shave. The customary downward strokes began, but with my psycho-motor abilities deeply hampered by the repercussions of waking up at 730 a.m, i floundered.

I had shaved off a tiny part of the skin of my nose. It hurt. I winced. My skin. My inpermeable fortress against the viruses and bacteria of the microscopic kingdom.

The term 'bloody nose' had been totally redefined by this morning's events. Bummer.

Oh ya, special mention must go to the finale of my attachment. I can only say, "At long last!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home