Sushi Express

Monday, October 31, 2005

Monday's blues.

Today is the 31st and for the past 4 months, this particular number always represented all things good. It is no exception today, and for once during work I am in jubilation. 31st of every month is pay day. It represents the culmination of the suffering for the past 2 fortnights, where I had to scrimp and save and scrimp save for hope that my bank account will swell one day when I wake up on a fine sunny day preparing for the flight to the land of the rising sun. Ironically, like a deal too good to be true, today also marks day one of 30 where I had to start the vicious cycle all over again, scrooging with whatever pennies I have. But let's not turn this fantastic day into one of bleak and gloom - it's never my style to be pessimistic (You all should know I am the least pragmatic person around). Instead, I shall revel in the extra cash that i unfamiliarily find myself with. Heck, I even managed to save 10 bucks last week! The idea of cutting out the deficit had all along remained obscure, not to mention a surplus!

Add to the fact that this week will be a very good week, thanks to our darker-toned compatriots . Tuesday and thursday off seemed like such a week too good to be true that I am sure that many people pinched themselves when they awoke today. They must have thought: Is this for real, that i can finally take today, wednesday and friday off so that i can have a whooping 9 days off? Heck i can even go maritius for a long walk by the beach, sit on elephants' backs in India, see the great barrier reef from inside a submarine, cuddle with dolphins at Sentosa, play 99 rounds of mahjong, and still have time to watch all the charity shows we've had? Or i might as well just turn into a couch potato for 9 days! WOW! The only pity is that we actually have 2 working days. But one must learn not to be greedy, i think.

I don't think anyone would have hated monday today.

P.S : Dim sum tomorrow, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home